Patients who are going to undergo cataract surgery will get several lens options to choose from. The options include multifocal intraocular lenses aka multifocal IOLs. This is the latest and most sophisticated intraocular lens recommended by Top 10 Ophthal Surgeons in Kolkata. The lens is increasingly gaining popularity for offering a long list of advantages. It ensures amazing implant success rates with both cataract patients and clinical trials. Only a qualified ophthalmologist can prescribe them after a thorough Eye Examination in Kolkata.
Benefits of Multifocal IOLs
There are many benefits that you can reap by implanting an IOL. Let’s find out some of them.
- Complete range of vision – Unlike a monofocal lens, multifocal IOLs help you see more clearly throughout. Be it at near, far distance or intermediary, you can see with the same perfection. With this, a complete range of vision will be successfully restored.
- No more wearing boring specs – Are you sick of wearing boring eyeglasses? Give the multifocal lens implant a chance. The lenses can change your look and thus your life forever. Almost 80 percent of people with these lenses reported that they didn’t need to wear specs anymore. They can participate in all sorts of activities after the cataract surgery without using glasses. Almost 100 percent of the patients told that they could read even small prints like newspapers and books without a reading glass.
- Perfect for people with and sans presbyopia – Whether you have presbyopia or not, you can use this lens successfully. Many patients with or without this eye disease have reported doing well with multifocal IOL implants. Multifocal Lens Implant in Kolkata is not uncommon. Several reputable ophthalmologists take the responsibility to implant the lens.
- Ideal for seeing in any kind of light – People having such lenses implanted didn’t report any issue with driving at night. Almost all of them have said that they drive without the help of glasses.
- Good to lower the halos around light – People having a conventional lens implanted during a cataract surgery reported to have halos. Halos are spherical aberrations that make seeing difficult. But with multifocal IOLs, people don’t face such difficulties. They can see the same way people with a normal vision see.
- Suitable for any size of the pupil – Unlike other lenses, IOLs don’t differ in their performance by the size of the pupil. Irrespective of the size of the pupil, people can opt for this lens while undergoing cataract surgery.
- No need for prescription updates – This implant ensures a long-lasting outcome than contact lenses or glasses. Such lenses don’t get scratched up. And this certainly saves your hard-earned money in the future.
- Time-saving – With multifocal IOL implants, you can surely avoid the headache of taking care of regular contact lenses. Contact lenses have to be soaked up in the solution. They need extra care to be taken. You also need to reorder your lens as they don’t remain functional after the expiry date. With multifocal IOLs, you don’t need to spend any time taking care of them. Just relax and see the world naturally.
With multifocal IOL implantation, you can enjoy a number of benefits. It ensures a complete range of vision. You don’t need to wear boring specs anymore. The lenses are perfect for people with and sans presbyopia. They are also ideal for seeing in any kind of light. They don’t create halos around light. IOLs are suitable for any size of the pupil. With them, you don’t need the prescription update. They are time-saving as well.