The number of people undergoing cataract surgery in Kolkata has enhanced drastically in the last few years as the procedure is both safe and effective. Approach an experienced contract surgeon and you can expect the surgery to complete within 20 minutes under local anaesthesia. The procedure involves inserting an intraocular lens into your eyes which helps in improving your visual ability. Though there are numerous Premium Phaco and Femto Cataract Surgeons in Kolkata, you can choose the best among them by enhancing your knowledge about the procedure.
5 Things You Can Expect After A Cataract Surgery
- Your eyes will become hypersensitive to glare and light for at least a day or two as the pupil will be dilated during the surgery.
- The white area in your eye might become a bit reddish or you might feel a burning sensation in your eye.
- If you are feeling an occasional itch, you can expect it to disappear within a month.
- It will take 2-3 days for the swollen cornea to heal and so you might experience a clouded vision.
- It might take 3 to 4 months after the surgery for the dry eye sensation to fade.
What Is Recovery Time?
How long will it take for your eyes to heal or recover after the surgery is largely dependent on the clinic you are approaching for cataract surgery in Kolkata. The recovery and healing time differs from one patient to another. While some might heal quickly after the surgery, others might take a few months to recover completely. If you are willing to minimise the recovery period, make sure you follow all the post-surgery precautions.
Undergoing Cataract Surgery? 8 Tips To Speed Up The Recovery Process
- Follow all the hygiene practices strictly.
- Wash the protective cap properly and apply it before sleeping.
- Keep your eyes protected from any type of trauma.
- Avoid sleeping on the side immediately after the surgery.
- Wash your hands properly before using the eye drop suggested by one of the top 10 ophthal surgeons in Kolkata.
- Avoid making any sudden movement, physical exertions or playing any sports.
- Be cautios when washing your hair so that shampoo or soap doesn’t enter your eyes.
- Let your eyes get adaptive to the corrective lenses before you start driving.
Since your knowledge about cataract surgery has enhanced, it’s time you start looking for an experienced eye surgeon in Kolkata.